Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Flip This Pattern Sew-a-long entry!

I am not new to seeing different sew-a-longs or linky parties. I AM new to actually posting in them. I always really really WANT to but just haven't done it yet. Anyways, when I saw the October Flip This Pattern which was the Sunki Dress by Figgy's Patterns, I decided that I was definitely going to stop sitting on the sidelines and finally enter my flipped item. I ADORE Figgy's, their patterns are always such a treat to follow and sew with. Plus, three cheers for being an Oregonian!!!! ;)

I decided to make a Chambray peplum top with lace overlay. At first I was going to just make a normal bodice instead of the fold over shoulders but that is one of my favorite things about this pattern! I love the added little detail and I knew I would be sad if I got rid of that. I hope you love it as much as I do!

Here is a link to Frances Suzanne's blog who is hosting this super fun sew-a-long: http://francessuzanne.blogspot.com/2013/10/october-flip-this-pattern-sew-along-and.html

And of course visit Figgy's and get some of her amazing patterns!!!: http://figgyspatterns.com





12 comments:

Eva said...

What a fun and lovely idea!

Zafarani said...

It is gorgeous! So glad you are linking up! Can't wait to see more of your projects!

Zafarani said...

It is gorgeous! So glad you are linking up! Can't wait to see more of your projects!

Frances Suzanne said...

We are so honored that you chose the "Flip this Pattern" sew-along to enter as your first {*better not be the last, either :)}!! What a sweet creation, and absolutely stunning pictures.

An apprentice housewife said...

Awww! This is such a sweet FLIP! I'm glad you decided to join the sew-along. Great job and beautiful photo shots!

Angie said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments!!! :)

sewshellysew said...

I love this! Your photography is amazing also!

Shaffer Sisters said...

Beautiful. I love the colors and the open spaces. You really should keep flipping patterns and I would love to see you sew along in other places. We are following ya to see what you make next.
With Love,
Scary, Shaffer Sisters

Annika said...

what a great flip. and the pics are so beautiful

nest full of eggs said...

So cute and fun!

Kerry said...

I love the photos with her in the field! The colours are perfect for your top :)

Daniela R M said...

Lovely creation. It looks awsome and so girly. Congratulations!